Senior Fullstack Web Developer for Psychedelics & Mental Health Digital Startup
Love coding and have a passion for managing other engineers so they deliver with high performance and experience career growth and fulfillment? Could your mission be to improve lives and mental wellness via building comprehensive web and mobile platforms in the psychedelics and mental health space? If you answered YES to both, this may be the perfect fit.
We are actively looking for a highly skilled, dynamic and strategic Senior WordPress Engineer/Developer to collaborate with the founders and leaders of Supermind and build the technical backbone for our brands’ content and directory sites.
Supermind is building trusted platforms and technology to give consumers greater access to psychedelic medicine. Supermind’s flagship properties, Psychedelics.com and Microdosing.com are launching early ‘22 which, along with our premier social channels, will bring quality, credible, and comprehensive content covering the world of psychedelics.
We’re hiring content creators, design creatives, technologists, credentialed therapy professionals, and problem solvers with good vibes and great work-ethic, to help us build the most visible and resourceful digital brands for this incredible industry. If you’d like to help shape how millions of people will eventually learn about psychedelics, find treatment professionals, gain hope, and find growth or healing, then this might be the best place to bring your energy and capabilities.
Overview of Role
The Senior Developer is a subject matter expert in PHP and WordPress development with impeccable attention to detail.
You will be in a lead role gathering project requirements and responsible for helping define and develop the technical vision of the projects you contribute to and ensuring the code being delivered is of substantial quality. In practice this means estimating effort, defining technical solutions, leading the delivery of high quality code efficiently, with excellent verbal and written communication — while adhering to our values, Agile methodologies, coding best practices, and established organizational processes.
- Strategize how best to translate and marry design concepts to business objectives, bringing our brands (such as Psychedelics.com and Microdosing.com) to life in collaboration with key internal stakeholders across Web Design, Web Development, Content Production, Marketing, and Operations, as well as external partners and resources
- Engineer and oversee the development of our sites, translating visually stunning, function-focused UX/UI site designs and content plans to pixel-perfect, responsive code
- Engage and retain various internal and external development resources to scale Supermind's output (we have many digital brands, so building and managing a strong team of development resources is critical)
- Hands-on development of both proofs-of-concept and production-ready code
- Take web application projects from concept or mock-ups to completion
- Ability to multitask and shift priorities effectively
- Enforce coding best practices and testing requirements
- Estimate effort to complete user stories & tasks
- Liaison with other departments and initiate projects as necessary
- Monitor all existing WordPress and non-WP websites and ensure maximum uptime
- Review and write unit, integration, and regression tests when appropriate
- Follow Agile SCRUM methodologies
- Engage, interview, and hire new internal/external Web Developers and Dev resources
- Lead, mentor, and support other internal/external Web Developers and Design & Dev resources
- Manage multiple existing websites and making code and content updates on an ongoing basis
- Be available during established work hours and in emergency situations
- Troubleshoot and solve complex technical bugs/challenges
- Proactively learn new technologies and adapt to requirements and assignments as needed
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Health care
- Work in a meaningful field that is changing the world positively
- Creative flexibility
- A valued voice in what we work on and how we go about it
- 3+ years of experience or proven demonstrable skill and experience in Web Development
- Experience in high growth, fast-paced and entrepreneurial companies
- Highly productive. You’re able to set goals and establish challenging yet realistic deadlines in collaboration with other team members, achieving optimal results on a daily basis without the need for continuous oversight or pre-approval (within reason, of course).
- Vast knowledge of WordPress platform
- Working knowledge of Gutenberg Blocks and how to build design systems at scale across multiple sites
- Experience to build WordPress themes, plugins, widgets and sites from scratch with minimum information
- WP-REST-API and WP-CLI
- Strong API & Integration design skills
- Strong knowledge of web server technologies such as Apache, Nginx, cPanel, MySQL
- Solid understanding of cross browser capabilities and web standards
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience debugging performance and caching issues
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Can work autonomously and manage others efficiently and effectively while remote (we’re a 100% remote company)
- You keep it positive, upbeat and friendly—with a can-do attitude that fuels the company fire.
Feel like we were meant to meet you? Then we ask that you do the following:
- Complete this application, submitting your Resume, Cover Letter, and any GitHub, Portfolio Links, or other relevant docs (if you have them) along with it.
- If we feel there’s a great fit, we’ll notify you and ask you to complete our “Web Engineer/WordPress Developer” survey to give us a better sense of who you are and what makes you tick. Once received, we’ll schedule interviews with candidates we feel are a strong match.
That's it - we look forward to hearing from you!