Supermind is building trusted platforms and technology to give consumers greater access to legal psychedelic medicine and alternative wellness practitioners. Supermind’s flagship properties, Psychedelics.com and Microdosing.com are launching later this year which, along with our premier social channels, will bring quality, credible, and comprehensive content covering the world of psychedelics. We also operate several general mental health properties, including PTSD, meditation, and more.
We’re hiring a dynamic team of talented people with good vibes and great work-ethic to help us build the most visible and resourceful digital brands for this incredible industry. If you’d like to help shape how millions of people will eventually learn about psychedelics, connect with professionals safely, gain hope, and find growth or healing, then this might be the best place to bring your energy and capabilities.
As a Product Manager for Supermind, you will coordinate with various teams across strategy, content, design and engineering to define and lead our directory and search products. You will be empowered to solve complex challenges and innovate in an industry that affects people in profound ways.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and define product strategy for all directory and search product solutions
- Translate the solution vision into clearly articulated end-to-end use cases
- Create comprehensive business, customer, and functional requirements
- Work with internal teams to identify product and feature priorities to successfully meet the goals of the business
- Work closely with Engineering teams to ensure the product and platform architecture is aligned with the solution roadmap
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including sales, marketing, engineering, other product and UI and UX design teams to steer solution definition and successfully execute on the roadmap
- Conduct user research and usability testing
- Coordinate effective SEO-driven solutions, analyze results and iterate improvements
- Collaborates with stakeholders during sprints, development, and testing
- Prioritize challenges, problems and opportunities based on business rationale to push product priorities
- Head Agile teams through the development process in a Product Owner role including creating and maintaining product backlog, prioritizing features, creating user stories and defining acceptance.
The following are essentially “must-haves”, or you will need to be close or have some other outstanding, relevant qualifications to replace not meeting any of these.
***We are putting these at the forefront to save both your and our time, as we wish to only engage with well-qualified candidates. Thank you for understanding!***
Top 5 Must-Have Qualifications:
- 4+ years experience in product management
- 2+ years experience and success with professional directory websites where SEO was a top priority. Ability to define and lead our directory and search products, strategy, features, improvements, and deliver high impact products in a fast paced-environment.
- 2+ years of relevant product management or user experience design expertise with focus on software products and technologies, preferably with User-Generated Content-driven websites or in which user generated content was a significant part of the business. High competency with increasing content submission or utilization of UGC features by consumer and/or professional users, spam reduction measures, and strategies for maximizing quality and relevancy of content submitted.
- Strong user experience design (UX) and customer experience design (CX) skills. Front-end of Search solutions. Driven by A/B Testing, User Testing, Data-driven, Design thinking, Qualitative and Quantitative data analysis.
- Experienced with SEO strategy and implementation. Has managed products for fairly large (i.e. >5,000 pages) directory websites using database-driven SEO strategies to target tens of thousands of keywords.
What You Should Also Have:
- Experience working with founders or C-level/Sr. executive, or lead product, with significant responsibility around making decisions based on true understanding of business objectives.
- Excited by the process of owning products for comprehensive, data-driven and dynamic professionals’ directories with intricate SEO strategies.
- It’s a plus if you have personal or professional experience with psychedelics, the mental health industry, meditation, yoga, and/or consciousness related content, and are passionate about these subjects.
- It’s a plus if you have working knowledge and experience with backend product (logged in state) for professionals to manage their web presence/profiles, self-serve advertising products, and increasing KPIs for conversion (sign-up), use, and retention of such products.
- It’s a plus if you have working knowledge and experience with algorithms, taxonomies, ontologies, reference data, recommendation engines, or rules engines is also a plus. We would also be impressed if you have experience working in an ad arbitrage business, being part of producing scalable ROI-positive results through creative product strategy and management.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Health care coverage
- Employee stock option plan
- Flexible schedule, with all standard federal holidays, and reasonable additional days off as needed.
- Work in a meaningful field that is changing the world positively
- Creative flexibility
- A valued voice in what we work on and how we go about it
- Ability to make a profound difference with a startup on the rise
Feel like we were meant to meet you? Then we ask that you do the following:
First, please make sure you’ve read our “3 Must-Have Qualifications” above and meet them or come very close. If you have any questions regarding determining whether you're qualified, or whether this position offers what you're seeking, please don't hesitate to contact us first.
- Complete this application, submitting your Resume, Cover Letter, and any Published Article Samples or other relevant docs (if you have them) along with it.
- If we feel there’s a great fit, we’ll notify you and ask you to complete our “Product Manager Applicant Survey - [Your Name]” to give us a better sense of who you are and what makes you tick. Once received, we’ll schedule interviews with candidates we feel are strong matches. You’re also welcome to review the survey in advance: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3WKGMLH
That's it - we look forward to hearing from you!