Have a passion for psychedelic medicine? Recognize the tremendous, transformative potential of psychedelics as treatment options for those suffering from chronic depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder? We’re building digital content and communities in the psychedelics and “inner journey” spaces, both providing incredible potential to improve people’s lives and mental wellness.
We are actively looking for a highly-skilled Medical Editor to collaborate with the team at Supermind to populate dynamic, best-in-class informational web and mobile sites for each of our brands.
Supermind is building trusted platforms and technology to give consumers greater access to legal psychedelic medicine and alternative wellness practitioners. Supermind’s flagship properties, Psychedelics.com and Microdosing.com are launching later this year which, along with our premier social channels, will bring quality, credible, and comprehensive content covering the world of psychedelics. Additionally, we will operate several general mental health properties, and have a significant focus on PTSD.
We’re hiring content creators, design creatives, technologists, credentialed therapy professionals, researchers, and problem solvers with good vibes and great work-ethic, to help us build the most visible and resourceful digital brands for this incredible industry. If you’d like to help shape how millions of people will eventually learn about psychedelics, connect with professionals safely, gain hope, and find growth or healing, then this might be the best place to bring your energy and capabilities.
The following are essentially “must-haves”, or you will need to be close or have some other outstanding, relevant qualifications to replace not meeting any of these (i.e. the “Major Pluses”).
***We are putting these at the forefront to save both your and our time, as we wish to only engage with well-qualified candidates. Thank you for understanding!***
Top 3 Must-Have Qualifications:
- Substantial personal or professional experience with psychedelics.
- You have written, edited and/or published articles extensively within psychedelics and mental health niches
- Able to write with a high degree of ownership, accuracy, authority, and integrity
Top 3 Major Pluses:
- You have many connections to freelance psychedelics or mental health industry writers, thought-leaders, researchers, and professionals within these fields.
- Experience with meditation, yoga, and/or consciousness related content, and are passionate about these subjects.
- Experience with on-page SEO, keyword research, creating hierarchies of content, building and managing those building beautifully formatted articles
Overview of Role
The Medical Editor is responsible for final proofreading, editing, and “sign-off” of all site content, verifying medical and scientific accuracy of information, data and claims across each of our properties and initiatives. While the audience, focus and tone differ between sites, the primary goals are to provide visitors with the best psychedelic-assisted treatment information available, as well as the resources needed to find help for themselves or their loved ones.
This role works closely with Web & Social Editors, freelancers, and future staff writers, and collaboratively with other generators of site content production on the larger marketing team. The role requires deep medical/scientific knowledge regarding psychedelics and their potential therapeutic applications, as well as exceptional editing and communication skills to ensure content accuracy and consistent top-tier quality. The review notes, suggestions, and changes need to be clear and actionable for the Web & Social Editors, so that they can provide the highest quality content, while minimizing reliance on the Medical Editor’s time- and volume-intensive “final pass”.
- Elevate the quality of informational content within the psychedelics-as-medicine space through our sites, ensuring that every piece of content we publish is compelling, medically accurate, and can effectively speak to a wide range of technical and non-technical audiences. To this end, you’ll perform final editing reviews, polishing, and sign-off on each article we publish on our sites.
- Inform and “level up” the team by helping to manage the content produced by our in-house and out-of-house editors and writers. Your constructive feedback should fuel a “cycle of improvement” where the quality of the content improves from the writers and editors before it hits your virtual desk.
What You’ll Primarily Focus On
- Review and edit content to ensure medical and scientific accuracy prior to publication
- Review and edit at volume, allowing our Web & Social Editors to hit ambitious yet achievable content production goals while delivering the best possible content to our visitors
- Provide guidance, constructive feedback and insight to Editors, Internal Writers, and other content producers on:
- Areas of attention and improvement for Editors with regards to content quality and substance, and Editor’s own first-pass editing efficacy.
- Areas of attention and improvement for Internal Web Content Writers with regards to content quality and substance (to be communicated personally or via Web & Social Editors).
- Areas of attention and improvement for Contract Web Content Writers with regards to content quality and substance (to be communicated via Web & Social Editors).
- Review and make recommendations on Site Project Briefs, Content Plans and Site- and Page-level information architecture, as necessary.
- Promote optimal user experiences through content, page flow (“story”), styling, navigation and funneling via related content.
What You'll Also Do
- ***Bring positive energy, celebrate others’ successes, and contribute to ensuring we all enjoy this journey.***
- Help attract other A-players to our team through thoughtful networking within the mental wellness industry.
- Assure that we are aligned with all best practices for Google’ E-A-T and YMYL ranking criteria
- Determine opportunities to incorporate rich media into sites (i.e., video content, infographics, interactive media, slideshows, etc.).
- Ensure published content employs best practices for web content and adheres to brand style guidelines
- Update Content Calendar as necessary.
- Contribute to team meetings/discussions/brainstorming sessions.
- Research and determine new content topics using keyword research, working closely with the SEO team
- Maintain a high awareness of relevant trending topics and news to identify content opportunities.
- Build/maintain a repository of commonly used, authoritative informational resources to help inform/guide content production
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Health care coverage
- Employee stock option plan
- Flexible schedule, with all standard federal holidays, and reasonable additional days off as needed.
- Work in a meaningful field that is changing the world positively
- Creative flexibility
- A valued voice in what we work on and how we go about it
- …and more to come!
- Masters or equivalent level degree in mental health or biomedical health field with relevant clinical treatment experience. MD or PhD or equivalent level degree is a major plus.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant editing experience; experience with web content production preferred.
- Superior command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (able to collaborate effectively with others)
- Stickler for accuracy and relentless attention to detail.
- Strong research skills and/or ability to review and interpret relevant scientific literature.
- Ability to multitask and shift priorities effectively
- Experience managing remote writers
- Experience training writers/editors on writing for the web
- Knowledge of SEO principles and best practices (keyword research, on-page optimization, interlinking, etc.)
- Familiarity with Google Analytics or other web analytics tools
- Experience publishing content with WordPress (or other CMS) and basic knowledge of HTML
- High-level proficiency with Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets)
Feel like we were meant to meet you? Then we ask that you do the following:
First, please make sure you’ve read our “3 Must-Have Qualifications” above and meet them or come very close. If you have any questions regarding determining whether you're qualified, or whether this position offers what you're seeking, please don't hesitate to contact us first.
- Complete this application, submitting your Resume, Cover Letter, and any Published Article Samples or other relevant docs (if you have them) along with it.
- If we feel there’s a great fit, we’ll notify you and ask you to complete our “Medical Editor Applicant Survey - [Your Name]” to give us a better sense of who you are and what makes you tick. Once received, we’ll schedule interviews with candidates we feel are strong matches. You're also welcome to review the survey in advance here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TNMHFKD
That's it - we look forward to hearing from you!